Saturday, January 8, 2011

Amrita Yoga and the gift

8 Jan. 2011
Four day yoga intensive,
What an awesome gift to offer myself after having a difficult month. I’ve had the most wonderful experience with Nirendra a resident male, and Shobana (bramacharini) instructing 3 hrs of yoga /day with a lecture on various aspects of Amma’s teachings from different guest speakers.

The Last Day
    Today after archana at 6:15am, I went to the last day of yoga, early for the morning class....  to do my IAM meditation. I have been doing this practice for many years, With the year long, short term memory loss, (which I now realize is Amma’s doing), I need the original “cheat sheet” instructions. Also practicing it in a new location, rather than in front of my altar added a new dimension to it. I didn’t have the visual memories, and familiar comfort of my sacred space. I had to even look at the asana postures, before each one. After shavasana, I went to roll onto my side and, because of the different location, I couldn’t remember what side I should come up on. Thought about my heart side and couldn’t remember what side my heart was on, then felt for it, and couldn’t feel it beating as I had just done “dead man’s pose”. I finally decided on the right side as that seemed most logical.
    I finished the meditation technique, and prayed as usual. In that aware place, I had a deep realization that Amma is not just “yanking my chain” but is actually purposely emptying my mind! I was stunned at that realization. This is something many aspire to achieve. She has a special way of doing things to and for us. As this awareness settled into me, I was filled with such gratitude, awe, and an intense sweetness washed over me. Tears of gratitude, at the awesomeness of this situation, poured down my face.
     Oops, time for gathering in front of the instructor to watch a demo. I wiped my face and went, then prayers there, and more intense gratefulness welled from my core. Luckily no one noticed, of if they did, ignored me. How would I explain this without a story? “Oh I’m just grateful Amma took my mind”.
    Everyone has been telling me how clear my eyes are, and how different I look.  I just smile and say, “It’s all Amma’s doing”.

    Amma and the many who went with, arrived home today after the Callicut tour. The population here doubled! However, with Amma, comes longer opening hours and better and more food options.
Off to bed, tomorrow I get back to “sessions seva” again.
Love and blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment